Sunday, April 5, 2009

Hello Humans

No one reads these right?
Good.
In memory
of my brain cells and friends lost and people I'd rather not associate myself with anymore.
In memory
of the girls who left me behind for
something else
something different
something that didn't require effort
something that fit their fancy.
In memory
of all the sweet kisses
and the kisses I missed
and the hug that turn into a clutched memory of a time when I thought
you/them/us/me
would never leave.
In memory
of the people who lost.
In memory
of those we lost
was it too early
or was it predestined or is it just the way things are ?
In memory
of the way we were and way thing will never be.
In memory
of past failures and successes that guided me and molded me and were let go so I could continue on.
I light this cigarette like a candle in a vigil and remember
that memory is selective.
So.
Here’s to
new loves
new loss
new people touching my soul in every different direction here's to change
here is to hoping
that people who I will never forget
whether fondly
or wish that I could wipe away that memory
but I can't and now am glad for this.
Here's to you
I may not like you but I love you.

2 comments:

  1. This blog is best so far, and by this blog, I mean TheRealShamalam, not just Hello Humans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. damn nick from a hater like you I take that as a high compliment

    rofl

    ReplyDelete